Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
spam
just spent 10 minutes doing an article ,and get it turned down as spam, and its one of the few times i would post without copying it
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2014 4:29pm
by Ann
darlin kate
Darlin Kate by sean McCarthy You are fair of face, dear Kate, now you’re nearing twenty-one, I hesitate to spoil your dreams, when your life has just begun. Your father, he is old, a grah, and I am far from strong, A dowry from John Hoganâ...
Views: 288   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 10, 2014 2:22pm
by Ann
d
donald
St Dominic,s Day
Ann today, 08.August is here Dominik day, is this your husband´s birthday? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic donald
Views: 169   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2014 8:44pm
by Ann
her generosity knows no bounds
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-lottery-winner-im-giving-away-33m-30481414.html
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 2:58pm
by barneykx
a
Ann
COLD CALLS
Anyone else tormented with these calls? Over the past while we have been receiving calls up to 10 times a day, sometimes more. We have tried everything to stop them, with no avail. Our first one came this morning at 8.40 am.
Views: 283   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 3, 2014 12:38pm
by Tommy
m
Mauri
Nine Lives
Over the twenty years in the forces and Merchant Navy, when I think about it I had some narrow escapes and one of the close ones was when I was serving on the Australian Aircraft Carrier HMAS Sydney. We were embarking a squadron of Sea Furies flown by mostly r...
Views: 222   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 31, 2014 5:28pm
by Mauri
Commonwealth Games
I usually support Gt Britain or even England in Sports, having lived here sixty years, but when my own little Northern Ireland has anything remotely resembling success, I weep for joy. C'MON YOU BOYS AND GIRLS!
Views: 218   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 5:17pm
by Ann
m
Mauri
Blundells
How many of you remember "Blundells" amusements arcade in Bow Street at the corner of Graham Gardens, alone with my pal I used to spend too much time in there on the slot machines. Then they also had a couple of seasons in the old Smithfield market place on Dublin...
Views: 283   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 5:15pm
by Ann
The wee park Hilden
Just browsed some photo's of the wee park at Hilden brought back memories of when I was young when we threw lumps of branches into the cheeser trees not being smart enough to realise if you left it long enough they would fall off on their own.
Views: 332   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 7:18pm
by Ann
a
Ann
Ulster Scots Words
Hi all, yesterday I queried "bealing" which turned out to be an Ulster Scots term. I then mentioned "shilcorn" and wondered where this word came from. Looked up Google just now and lo and behold it's a Scottish word. The English meaning is pimple or blackhea...
Views: 4696   Replies: 54
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 7:09pm
by Ann
m
Mauri
Sad news
There are very few people left in Lisburn that I know, so it was very sad to be informed by a cousin in England that an old friend from Lisburn had passed away in her sleep while visiting friends over there. She came from Bellvue Drive on the Antrim Road. Mauri
Views: 369   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 7:07pm
by Ann
m
Mauri
Travel
Our American friends who live in Florida or are supposed to be living there have extended two invitations to us to accompany them on a couple of trips, one to the Smokies in North Carolina and another to Italy, I said supposed to be living there because they seem to...
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 7:03pm
by Ann
p
Pat
Canadian Holiday
Well friends, Trying again to tell you all about our recuperation in Canada in June. We really needed the rest after all the trauma in Feb. We were whisked off to Tobermory, a lovely resort on Lake Superior, where we had a quiet month with family & fr...
Views: 353   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 10:27am
by Pat
TODAY
Today was a 'scorcher'. I used my free bus pass plus a wee bit of shoe leather to visit my last place of work. First time in thirteen years, and it was nice to find a couple of old workmates there. (I love to talk - I've even been known to listen). I moaned to one of...
Views: 266   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 20, 2014 6:36pm
by Ann
a
Ann
DARRYL
Darryl, I have been encountering SPAM a lot recently on the Exiles Forum. Others have too. Postings won't go if they are deemed to be, or contain, SPAM. I just wasted a lot of time on a posting which didn't go because it was classed as SPAM> Darryl, please...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 10:06am
by Ann
a
Ann
Charity Shops
I just spent 20 mins or more on a long and interesting topic about charity shops. It was classed as SPAM and didn't go. Just wasted precious time when I could have been walking the dogs.
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 10:03am
by Ann
Talking to myslf
Well, I've often felt like that on here over the past ten years. But I confess I was expecting The Lords Prayer when I mentioned that I ever ot pleasure from that now unmentionable entertainer.
Views: 615   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 9:30pm
by Mauri
m
Mauri
Unexpected Swim
I am going down memory lane to an incident that I was involved in back in the early 60s. I had taken a job on a Royal Navy Auxillary oil tanker and supply ship manned by Merchant navy personnel. We were operating out of Portland in Dorset and on this day had been re...
Views: 198   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 7:18pm
by Mauri
Chiuchiu Angelo "In Italiano"
http://s1.uploads.im/N7p5i.jpg Chiuchiu Angelo "In Italiano" > http://tinyurl.com/m4c2cxm 97ffa81d91 How the World Sees You:.Sally Hogshead Hardcover $19.20 . In italiano. Le preposizioni , I verbi italiani...
Views: 9291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 11:04am
by breakjatin
Chiuchiu Angelo "In Italiano"
http://s1.uploads.im/N7p5i.jpg Chiuchiu Angelo "In Italiano" > http://tinyurl.com/m4c2cxm 97ffa81d91 How the World Sees You:.Sally Hogshead Hardcover $19.20 . In italiano. Le preposizioni , I verbi italiani...
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 11:04am
by breakjatin
d
Donald
The Vaterland WIFA winners?
Just one more match and the German team will become world champions ! Anyone watch the match last night? After the 5th goal I went to bed as I lost interest because there was no way Brazil was going to catch up. By the way when listing good NI footballers a...
Views: 300   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 6:29pm
by Ann
Royl visitors
OK, I'll start again. I remember seeing Queen Elizabeth, then Princess, and all her family, including her grandmother, Queen Mary, being driven past Smithfield, Lisburn, during the forties. any dates for me?
Views: 192   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 6:26pm
by Ann
Margaret Fleming nee Garret
I know Margaret had some good friends in Canada so I'm very sorry to let you know that Margaret died this morning. Margaret has had Parkinsons for some 17 years. She was immaculate in her dress and in her home. Margaret was the widow of John Fleming. They lived next...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 10:23pm
by Margaret
a
Ann
SPAM - DARRYL - HELP
I see a lot of us are having the same problem. We post something for the Forum and it's interpreted as SPAM. Really annoying, especially after spending a bit of time to make the topic interesting. Darryl, can you help us here?
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 11:35am
by Ann
Telugu Village Aunty Sallu Photos
Telugu Village Aunty Sallu Photos > http://tinyurl.com/ng3vfc6 Telugu Village Aunty Sallu Photos, [Users choice] 1.24e dota maphack free download  972c82176d Electromagnetic waves schelkunoff.rar ...
Views: 4690   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 2:32am
by pacnima
Corken family search
just digging for Corken connections or ancestral roots, I'm from Iowa (middle of the USA). Ancestor Robert Corken came to the American colonies in about 1775 as an indentured servant, probably about 13 years of age. The Corken name seems to be from Antrim and so I t...
Views: 707   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 12, 2014 10:18pm
by Laurene McAlpine...
a
Ann
Only Me
I put on a long posting just now about different things. No bad language involved or anything like that. Just interesting wee titbits. It was classed as SPAM so didn't go. SORRY EVERYONE. What the heck is happening? No wonder no-one is posting.
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 8:43pm
by barneykx
p
Pat
Wot? No Forumtime?
Hi all, Put a greeting to all on, after holidays & told all the news but was rejected as SPAM......reminds me of the War Years in Liptons grocers, Spam for Ham!!! Help someone. Pat
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 6:03pm
by Pat
Rolf
Harris guilty just came on TV. I will be hated for saying that I am sad about the loss of another icon from my memory. As I reared my 'two little boys', Rolf brought tears to my eyes with that simple song.
Views: 319   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 11:57am
by Ann
a
Ann
Bite Me
I heard on the news that some football player bit another player during a match. Apparently, this is the second time this particular player has bitten. What made me smile a bit, despite the seriousness of the whole thing, was on hearing that the referee's n...
Views: 347   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 9:40am
by Dabbler
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Free Forum powered by Bravenet