Return to Website

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. This forum is for the promotion of Bluegrass Music in the states of Ohio and Michigan. If you have a question about a festival or a group, are looking for a special guitar, or just want to chat about the great show or jam you went to last night, here is the place. Let's all keep it clean and play nice, y'all here? For Michigan Bluegrass visitors... you'll have to use your back browser button to get back to the Michigan Bluegrass site! I'm sorry! Until we have seperate forums, we'll have to deal with this. We felt that one forum would be best and a little cheaper on our pocketbooks, since is all by donation and little bit of advertising! Hope you all understand!

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Just Bluegrass Band
Hey Just Bluegrass, Looks like your having trouble keeping players, why not bring back the Mando and Doboro brothers that use to be with the band. It made for a really good show, not to mention the doboro players voice was pretty awesome. I've seen your shows a cou...
Views: 983   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 17, 2005 10:14am
by Lee Surgener
Danny Millhon
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Danny Millhon, dobro player with Sid Cambell and Hylo Brown? I seems to me he lived around Columbus.
Views: 540   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2005 8:47pm
by Don Arnson
Cigar Box Guitar Players
I'm looking for a Michigan connection to anyone who plays cigar box guitar or would like to. There is a revolution of musicians out there who play bluegrass (and anything else) on homemade instruments. There is a CBG festival in Hinton, West Virginia in September wh...
Views: 637   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2005 11:04am
by Jamie Richards
The Red Butlers Update
Well, we FINALLY have a decent lineup (2 guitars, banjo and bass) that will get us out onstage. A photo of our ugly mugs is on the website: http://www.geocities.com/theredbutlers/ We also updated the Soundclick site with 2 new renditions of "Built to Crash" and...
Views: 440   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2005 9:24am
by Matt Merta
A Good Time at Vermillion
Just thought I would let everyone know what a nice time we (my band and I) Had up in Vermillion Saturday nite. If you haven't been to one of their shows up there it is a great time with real good bands and even better food nice folks too.
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2005 11:58pm
by Bill Mathis
Winter Fest
Hi anyone have any info on what the winter fest in perrysburg on 1/15/05 is like? I had never heard of it and was wondering if many of ya all are going? Is it a jam or open stage? Thanks
Views: 454   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2005 11:53pm
by Bill Mathis
Let's do a relief effort benefit for the stunami victims
I believe we have all been touched by this horific event and would love to help out in some way. I am pretty confident I could get the local UAW 549 hall for a benefit show in Mansfield Ohio. If we could get the ball rolling now we could have it the beginning of Marc...
Views: 525   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2005 8:07pm
by mike muk
Chinese Bluegrass
Ya''ll got to check this out... http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R412091830/e Chinese bluegrass!!! Kirk
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2005 11:08am
by Pastor Kirk
The Just Bluegrass Band welcomes fiddle player Mike Ousley
Well, we have looked for about 4 years now and finally found a hot fiddle player. Mike Ousley from Greenup Kentucky will now be giving Jeff and Brad a run for their money on breaks. Mike will perform with us for the first time on January 22nd. in Willard Ohio with Ha...
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 5, 2005 7:50am
by Chris Martin
Bluegrass Jct.
Hey peoples, make sure you go out to the Bluegrass Jct. in Shalersvill Oh. this comming Sat. night. Jordon Run, Just Bluegrass, and Coney Carver will be there,Mike and I are just bustin to show off our fiddle players. Ron
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2005 4:30pm
by Lee Surgener
Just Bluegrass Bands new web site address
Howdy folks!! Happy New Year and hope everyone has a great year. Here is our new web address www.justbluegrassband.com Hope to see ya at a show.
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2005 12:51am
by Lee Surgener
New Year's Eve
Bluegrassers without a New Year's Eve plan? 5 hours of bluegrass at the Commodore's Place in Vermilion! Doors at 4:00, music at 6:00. Bring a covered dish. It's a party!
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2004 1:46pm
by Sharon Sanders
Post "YOUR" praise report here!
Hello Pick'rs & Grin'rs: It is always uplifting to hear good news from people about situations or circumstances that have changed in their lives. For example, I decided at the start of December to take a couple online Theology courses from a University. I did no...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 11:34am
by Pastor Kirk
Marc Baum's Illness!
Hey all! I just learned that Marc Bee (Marc Baum) has been very ill and in and out of the hospital. He is home now but doing very well. All of us are aware of Marc's radio show Blades Of Blue and how much he does to support our art. I'm wondering if anyone who...
Views: 428   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 27, 2004 5:41pm
by Gary Fossaceca
Happy Holidays!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All from PorkChop and family. Brad,Annette,Hollie and Amber
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2004 9:28am
by Brad "PorkChop" ...
BLUEGRASS JUNCTION JAN 8th.
The Just Bluegrass Band hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Come on out on January 8th. to the Bluegrass Junction. See ya all there! Lee
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2004 6:35pm
by Lee Surgener
Happy Holidays from Harbortown
To all of you in Buckeye Bluegrass land, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! From "Harbortown" Tony Hickman, Randy Hall, Kurt Hickman, Chris Martin Hope to see ya'll at a show soon!!!
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2004 2:37pm
by Sharon Sanders
Merry Christmas--Happy New Year!
Timber Wolves wish you and yours a Very Merry... Pick a tune on Christmas eve, it'll cheer everyone up! Have a great one! And Marc B--be ready, we're workin' on a new CD and we're for sure gonna be sendin' you some new songs!
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2004 12:39pm
by Pastor Kirk
Merry Christmas from Buckeye Bluegrass Chapel
I would like to take this time to wish our Buckeye Bluegrass family and friends a very blessed and wonderful Christmas plus a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jesus! God bless Pastor Kirk Buckeye Bluegrass Chapel
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2004 11:27am
by Pastor Kirk
"Mountain Therapy" is gearing up for the 2005 season!!!
Just a quick announcement for all to keep an eye and an ear out for "Mountain Therapy", a well seasoned bluegrass band out of Youngstown, OH featuring Lonnie & Marsha Wellman, Tim Custer and Mark Miracle. This new formation of the band promises to to bring new and e...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2004 11:55pm
by "Mountain Therap...
SPBGMA
After having trouble getting rooms at IBMA for the last two years, we have decided to go to SPBGMA this year for the first time. Has anyone else been there, and is it as good as IBMA? and is anyone else going?
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2004 12:27pm
by Ron Workman
Bluegrass in Meadville PA
Listen up... Jan 20 - 22, 2005 Be there.... Days Inn...Yeehaa, time to pick!!!! Kirk
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2004 4:19pm
by Pastor Kirk
Meadsville PA
Can anyone tell me the exact date of Meadsville Pa. motel jam??? I keep hearing 1/15 and 1/ 22.. Help a picker out please
Views: 258   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 18, 2004 2:57pm
by Mike Ball
r
ryan
mandolin in royal oak, mi??
any mando pickers around royal oak michigan want to pick a few.. i strum the guitar its purely laid back and strumming a few. (not all bluegrass though) songs: shady grove, little sadie, red-haired boy, blackberry blossom, neil young, jimmy buffett, garcia/gri...
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2004 6:58pm
by ryan
What is your favorite bluegrass Christmas song?
Well for me, I have always liked " Christmas Times A Comin" done by Mac Wiseman, Doc Watson and Del McCoury from the album Christmas on the Mountain. How about ya'll? Kirk
Views: 173   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 16, 2004 2:41pm
by mike muk
Reminder of Prayers Available
Hello: I am just reminding all that the Bluegrass Chapel is still alive and kicking. Any and all prayer requests will be responded to the same day! If there is a feature you would like to see included then please let me know. God bless you all. Kirk
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2004 10:10am
by Pastor Kirk
Sonny Osborne
What's the latest on Sonny? Anybody know? Has he retired from the band? If anyone knows what's up, let me know. Thanks
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2004 4:24pm
by The slave
h
Hoss
Out Of The Blue
Anyone here heard of a band called Out Of The Blue? I heard them at Soggy Bottoms last weekend and was blown away. Their harmony and instrumentation was top notch. Just wondering if anyone had a scoop on the band.
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2004 8:08pm
by Curtis Bailey
JUST BLUEGRASS BAND LOOKING FOR A MANDO PLAYER
If you are a semi to professional mando player contact me. We are currently working on several national festival bookings for 2005. If you are interested e-mail me at lsurgener@neo.rr.com
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2004 11:36am
by mike mukavetz
AdWords + ClickBank = HUGE Profits!
Combine AdWords and ClickBank for Huge Online Profits. Make thousands per month. No website needed. No product needed. Profit within hours. Visit our website for details: Click Here NOW
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2004 6:00pm
by ClickBank
Have Fiddle will Travel
I'm a fiddler looking for a full-time or semi-professional band right now. I will play and record a range of music from grass, country, blues, and swing. I am based in southern ohio/northern kentucky area. I play a contemporary style, very bluesy. Stuart Duncan is a...
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2004 5:21pm
by Lee Surgener/Jus...
Banjo 4 sale
Got to many banjo's layin round , so Im selling my 1960ish Gibson Mastertone. The tone ring is from the early 60's it has a 2 piece flange, 3 ply maple hoop, gibson hardware, Hearts and flowers inlay on the finger board, and a fiddle head stock.. The neck and resonat...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2004 4:07pm
by Mike Ball
Lookin' for Banjo!
Timber Wolves is looking for a banjo player. Cleveland area east side. We have guitar, bass, and I play mandolin, guitar and octave mando. Some original material. Have 1 CD and working on another. Bluegrass and folk/country-folk, some old-time. 1-2 gigs/month....
Views: 217   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2004 6:40pm
by mike mukavetz
New Guitar!!!!!
Hey I just bought a new Martin HD-28V from Wildwood Music in Coshocton Ohio. Man what a guitar!!!! The bluegrass guitar of guitars!!!! I've waited 20 years for this baby and i finally got it. Yehaa Take care and happy pickin. Brad
Views: 251   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2004 10:57pm
by mike mukavetz
New Years Eve
The Banjo Picker and Friends still have New Years Eve open! Let us know if anyone needs some entertainment! Thanks so much! The Banjo Picker and Friends www.thebanjopicker.com
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2004 12:04pm
by The Banjo Picker
NEED A RECORD DEAL???
Reputable music promotions company is now seeking talent for industry showcasing. Free reviews are available to the first 250 artists to respond. Reply's to this post do not count as a response. You must respond through our webpage or via e-mail to qualify. Visit...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2004 2:20pm
by IMG Records
BG Band needed in MI for New Years Eve
Someone e-mailed me interested in securing a BG band for a NYE party here in metro Detroit. My band is no shape to do it right now, but I told the guy (J.B.) that I would post the announcement on this board. I'm not sure on $$$, but from what he ahs told me, band mem...
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2004 8:25am
by Matt Merta
Anniversary
Congratulations on your first year. Maybe there is no money to be made in Bluegrass but the friendships you have made on the Bluegrass Trail is the most rewarding and valuable and no amount of money will make you happier than your friendships. Best of Luck in the...
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2004 3:19pm
by Joyce O.
m
mike
Anniversary Show!
Hey guys---- Has there been any more talk of a Buckeyebluegrass Anniversary show? I was just thinking about how cool it would be to be able to meet some of the people I've been arguin' with over the last year! Sherrie? Lee? Anybody? I'd hate to see a sh...
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2004 9:36am
by Kirk Ritchie
Looking for Jam Sessions
Hi everybody, just a little note. I am looking for jam sessions in the Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky area. I play mandolin. Would like to meet people and play music. Any one interested email me. Thanks, Curtis
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 16, 2004 10:04am
by J.B.
m
mike
Festival in Wilmington
Anyone going to the Southern Ohio Indoor Music Festival in Wilmington this weekend? Those who go: could you let us know how it was, how the bands were, the jamming? Pictures would be cool, maybe Sherrie...
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2004 4:40pm
by mike
Blueridge guitar
Woah! I just got this one in the mail today here at work. I bought it off of eBay for $180 total. DId I luck out. This is the older BR-OS model. The thing has deep tone. It reminds me a lot of a Martin D-18 (it sounds way better than the Martin DXM I've been using)....
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 14, 2004 7:20am
by Curtis
Mandolin Tab
Anyone have the mandolin tab to the song "Blackjack"? I can find the banjo tab but nothing on this for the mandolin. Thanks Brad
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2004 4:46pm
by Brad Nelson
Inquiry for upcoming article: Acoustic-electric bass
I'm in the process of gathering information on the use of the acoustic-electric bass (as opposed to a standup) in more popular bluegrass bands. Off the top of my head, I can think of the following artists/bands: Barry Scott (Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver) Ronnie Bow...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2004 1:54pm
by Matt Merta
-
Hello Dear Musicfriends, We had see and hear a very nice guitar( Blueridge BR-70 ) but we can't have it without help from musiccompanies.This is a guitar we have dream so long.It is the right one for us. And we need it so badly before it is Christmas because we hav...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2004 8:51am
by The Salvation Ar...
Great Jam
Went to a jam at the Ashland County Conservation Club satuday night. There were 4 great bands and some real nice people. If you get a chance the next jam is on November 20th. Bring your instrument or just listen but make sure you bring a friend!!!! They offer great f...
Views: 234   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2004 8:02pm
by Sharon Sanders
Bluegrass at the Scottsburg Jamboree
Bluegrass at the Scottsburg Jamboree Show times are on slow time. Sunday October24th Nothin Fancy With Special guests New Generation 3:00 Door open 2:00 $10.00 each http://www.nothinfancybluegrass.com/default.asp?loadpage=home Friday November 5th Jim Smoak...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 11:26pm
by Scottsburg Jambo...
J.D. Crowe
I had the chance to watch and listen to J.D. Crowe pick some mighty fine banjo down at the IBMA Fan Fest. Crowe was picking the mortal soul out of the 5-string, and what is great about this man is that he is not flogging or beating the banjo to death. This proves th...
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2004 8:28pm
by Dave Russell
Still looking for other BG pickers in Detroit area
OK, so we have guitar, bass, and banjo for sure, but could use any of the following: mandolin, dobro, fiddle, and/or 2nd guitar. Vocals a big plus. Traditional sounding, including originals, standards, and modern covers. Practice on Wednesdays in Hamtramck. Gigs pend...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2004 8:13pm
by Matt Merta
m
mike
Timber Wolves at the Spider!
Hey all--if you're up in the Cleveland area next Tuesday Timber Wolves will do a show at the Barking Spider Tavern, on CWRU campus. Show is Tuesday, October 19, 10pm. Hope to see ya' there!
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2004 11:27pm
by mike
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet