RAF Marine/craft Forums.

A board for ex-Marine/craft people to,leave messages,resumes,start and add to forums,find old mates and generally communicate.

RAF Marine/craft Forums.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for advice on researching a WW2 Marine Craft chap!

Hello!

Let me introduce myself as I'm brand new on here, having been pointed this way by some very helpful people on the rafcommands.com forum.
I have been spending the last ten years or so researching the old boys on my school war memorial, that of the King's School, Gloucester, both WW1 and WW2. I've been getting on quite well (although having come back to it after a break whilst working abroad the amount of info now on the net is staggering!). RAF aircrew I've found quite straightforward, but one of the names is causing me a few headaches.

87183 Flt Lt Frederick Warren Fisher, RAFVR Special Duties (Marine Craft).
He died on 13/05/43 and is buried at Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire.
I have just found out that his death was registered at Loughbrough and he was aged 42 (not yet got his certificate).

I'm not expecting anyone to go running round looking things up for me (unless you really want to ) but can anyone give me any pointers as to where to go from here to find out his unit and what he was doing? Of course, his death may be completely unrelated to his role in the RAF.

Any pointers anyone can give gratefully received!

Thanks,

Bob.

Re: Looking for advice on researching a WW2 Marine Craft chap!

Have you tried any of these:

http://www.worldwar2exraf.co.uk/useful%20addresses%20page%201.htm
Bit of a long shot but worth a try

Colin89SX

Re: Re: Looking for advice on researching a WW2 Marine Craft chap!

Colin,

Thanks for the tip! I had seen the site but assumed it was really for veterans wanting to contact each other, rather than research into casualties. I see, however, that there are quite a few research-type questions on there. I'll give it a go.

Bob.