THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Squad For Tuesday 29th April Away to St. Margaretsbury

We have a squad of 17 at the moment for our midweek match Away to St. Margaretsbury this coming Tuesday night (7.00.p.m. kick-off).
The squad is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Ozel Ozerman (GK), Martin Loveday, Terry Moore, Alan Barnard, Stuart Dorward, Rob Brown, Tem Adil, Tony King, Danny Hagan, Conor Mc,Govern (Now fit again), Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Danny Green, Scott Jenkins, John Beasley, Andrew Warmerdam & Jim Arrowsmith.

The above players have all been named because they are 'definitely' available.
The following players have been left out for the time being, but will be included if they become available and anybody drops out: Paul Woolston (Work & Family commitments ?), Daniel Daley (Watching Man United v. Barcelona on TV ?), Steve Cokell (Watching Man United v. Barcelona on TV ?), Nick Vertigans (Work commitments ?) & Kris Spyrou (At University in Richmond, Surrey ?)

Definitely unavailable for this match at the moment are Tony Speller (Still away in New York), Stuart Byhurst (On Holiday), Derek Dorward (Broken Ankle) & Clark Williams (Having another foot operation).

For players who need a lift to the venue (or wish to drive in convoy), we will have to meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 5.15.p.m. !!
In the rush hour, it will take at least an hour to drive from there to St. Margaretsbury's ground. (It could well take over an hour just to get to the last set of lights on the A10 in Cheshunt at that time of night !)

If players are getting a train to St. Margarets station straight from work, details of train times are on the Fixtures page on the website.

Re: Squad For Tuesday 29th April Away to St. Margaretsbury

I have told Jim Arrowsmith he is not needed as Conor is now 'fit' again.
Jim will be playing 7-a-side on Thursday night.

Unfortunatly I can't make tuesday, I have a rescheduled game for norsemen that has to be won in order for the team to stay up

Almost certainly out of this due to neck and back injury from yesterday

The revised squad (of 15) for this match is now as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Ozel Ozerman (GK), Martin Loveday, Terry Moore, Alan Barnard, Rob Brown, Tem Adil, Tony King, Danny Hagan, Nick Vertigans, Conor Mc,Govern, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Scott Jenkins (If he is not playing for Norsemen with Danny Green ?), Andrew Warmerdam & John Beasley (definitely included now Stuart has more-or-less dropped out).

If Scott cannot play, then Daniel Daley will be the first-choice replacement if he is not watching Man United v. Barcelona on TV (He has not decided yet and probably won't do so until the last minute), while Steve Cokell (another Man United supporter) will be second choice if he wants to play (which is probably unlikely). Third choice is Kris Spyrou (if he is not at University.
I don't think we have anybody else available ?

As Stu is now not playing can I gaff a lift back to my Mums in Edmonton off someone as I'll be getting the train straight there tomorrow night?

A lift back to Edmonton/Enfield for players getting the train up to St. Margarets shouldn't be a problem.
I think there are enough of us driving.

Oz has now dropped out by the way.
He can't get off work.

Down to 14 now.
If Daley decides to play, he can be added to the squad.

I'm definitely driving, and as Lol says, I'm sure there will be others.

How were you not booked on Sunday for your celebrations?

Good work though fella!

Just warn you Scott is a massive utd fan, and prob will be going to the match?? I will try find out

Mate it would've have been a travesty if I'd have been carded! It was an emotional moment & I just couldn't help myself! If the buddy would've gone in I'd have been off down the road!

doubtful....you were knackered just running up to the camera!

...that would be funny if it wasn't true!

Well it's looking increasingly like a bare eleven tomorrow night, so it's the full 90 minutes for you, Mc,Govern !?

lol are u meeting at southbury 2morow at about 5?

5.15.p.m. at the Southbury Leisure Centre tomorrow....to leave there at 5.30.p.m. at the very latest.

I drove up the A10 to Ware yesterday afternoon and there are some bad roadworks (bridge repairs) between Broxbourne & Hoddesdon. Down to one lane.
That will be a major snarl-up in the rush hour and it will take at least 30 minutes to get through that I reckon.
There is no quicker way to get to St. Margaretsbury's ground other than by train.

Kizza has dropped out.
The problem he has is that he works in Kings Cross and finishes at 5.00.p.m.
He can't get a train to St. Margaretsbury because his travelcard doesn't cover the zone. (I don't know anything about rail travel and Oyster cards, etc. as I work from home and never get trains and buses, so I can't really comment on whether that is a feeble excuse or not).

He says he can only play if somebody picks him up from Kings Cross (or from another station inside zone 4...see http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/Tube-DLR-Trams-and-Train-Travelcard-zones-Map.pdf) after 5.00.p.m. and drives him to St. Margaretsbury from there, but if somebody did that, I can't see any way they would get to the venue for a 7.00.p.m. kick-off.
I certainly can't risk it when I have got all the kit.

Normally, Trev picks him up from Arnos Grove tube, but that's when we play at Hazelwood. Trev is meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 5.15.p.m.
Kizza wouldn't get to Arnos Grove until well after that.

He says he will play 7-a-side on Thursday night instead.

I make it that we now only have 10 'definites'...who are Darryl, Loveday, Terry, Barney, Tem, Danny Hagan, Tony King, Conor, Nick & Warmers.
(I presume Nick & Warmers both told Trev on Sunday that they are playing, seeing as he has named them in the squad ?).

I have texted Junior and Daniel Daley, but not had a reply, and Rob Brown is by no means a definite because of a neck injury.

That's the situation at the moment.

I'll pay for Kizza's facking ticket rather than have 10 - presumably his Oyster can get him to Liverpool Street Station for 17:25? I'm meeting Terry there upstairs by MacDonalds.

Too late I expect.
He won't be bringing his kit into work.

Well that has got to be the worst cry off in history!!

Lol, can we find out if he can get to Liverpool Street for 17.25? If he can, then can you also check to see what size boots he uses, I'm sure someone will have some boots they can lend him.

Me and Loveday are meeting at Liverpool St. under the clock tower. I'll be the one with the flowers.

Leon only needs to get there for 17:40, as the train leaves at 17:46.

It shouldn't be difficult to get from Kings X to there in 35 mins.

Got to agree with Loveday - the worst cry-off in history!

So Tony K & Loveday - do you want to meet us at the top of the stairs at Liverpool St by MacDonalds at circa 17:25?

& Tony K I assume you mean Kizza & not Leon? Although Lol whats the scoop with Leon - can he still play for us? - Worth a tap up if he can!!!

With all the effort I've personally made to play in this game & will be hugely annoyed if we are down to 10 with such a feeble excuse - pathetic.

Tony sorry to be the one to tell you this but Leon has left us .....

It is no longer the worst cry-off in history !
Kizza is now playing (after I told him you were all having a rant on the Forum !)
He has got his kit at work and will get a Circle Line from Kings Cross to Liverpool Street and meet you all at MacDonalds at 17:25.
I have told him Conor will pay for his ticket / extra fare on his Oyster or whatever if necessary.
I have given him Conor's mobile number.
Conor...I will e-mail you Kizza's number in a minute.

Has anyone any idea what Nick Vertigans is doing ?
If he is playing, then that's 11 definites (including Kizza).

I haven't heard from Junior, Daley or Rob Brown yet as to whether they are definitely playing.
If they all play though, it will be one of the strongest squads of 14 we have fielded all season...even with our Captain missing !

Bit worried about the weather forecast for this afternoon though. They have an Under-18's match on the pitch tomorrow night and various Cup Finals still to play, so they won't want it 'ruined' and will presumably call the game off if there are puddles about ?

To answer Conor's question regarding Leon, I honestly haven't got a clue what is going on with his registration.
All I know is that he is definitely not interested in playing for US anyway !

Kizza is not sure whether his boots are in his kit bag. (He will check when he has his lunch break).

He needs a size 8 & a half if anyone can help out ?

I never knew Leon was american...

While we're on the subject of boots - does anyone have a spare size 10 stud? I only had room for my moulds in my bag - not a massive problem if not

I've got a very old pair of Umbro Speciali, which I think are 10s - nice boots, but not in the best nick.

Cheers Barney - only in a case of emergency so if you can bring em along.

ta

Kris has texted to say he can play tonight if needed, but as he will be coming from Richmond, Surrey (University), he needs to know by 3.00.p.m.
Understandably, he only wants to come along if he is guaranteed a game, but I still have no idea if Rob Brown, Junior or Daley are playing (and probably won't do until after 3.00.p.m.).
Trev assures me that Nick is definitely playing though. We assume he is getting a train there.

It's unlike Junior not to reply to messages.
Does anybody know where he is ?

By the way, that weather forecast for later this afternoon and this evening is even more horrendous than I first thought !!!
Are those dugouts well sheltered from the elements, Conor ?!!!

1 2