- Why is it that sometimes I kill somebody my score goes up by 2 points at once and at other times only 1 to start with and then another 1 point later on?
This occurs in Team Deathmatches. If a person is able to be healed by a medic and does receive medical attention you only gain 1 point. If the medic does not reach him/her in time or he/she respawns you get 2 points.
154 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Why is it that sometimes I can't be revived by a medic?
Medic only carries a max of 3 med packs.
If you are shot in the head, killed with a .50 or knifed then you can't be revived.
156 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- What is IP4LW and where can i get it?
It allows you to connect to Land-Warrior games using IP addresses rather than NovaWorld.
142 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Ok I'm on one of the missions, and it says, "Take advatage of the enemy supply cabinets if you have to." My question is, how do I do that? I see a cabinet with lots of pretty weapons, but I can't seem to get any of them.
It's just like using the armory. Press C and change your weapons while standing in front of the cabinet.
148 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- What awards are available in DFLW and what do I have to do to get them?
This page explains eveything regarding the medals for NW:
195 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Where is the Yeti?
Mission - Free Press.
700m or so SW from the insertion point.
Coordinates - M-16
145 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Where is the bomb in the 2nd campaign involving The New Dawn.
When the chopper lands, you don't have to go through all the prison, just go around to kitchen entrance and you'll find the nuke behind a turned over table.
179 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I recently bought DFLW and don't understand the choice between medic, grenadier etc
Accurate with indirect weapons
Generally strong and tough
MM-1, OICW, Steyr AUG
OICW, Underwater weapons, Pistols
Steady with heavy weapons, Minimizes recoil
Can with stand more damage than others
M249 SAW, FNMAG, H&K G11, Steyr AUG, AK47
Extended reach with knife
Pistols, Submachineguns, Pancor Jackhammer
Steady with scope
All sniper rifles
143 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Why can't u get through the rear entrance of the cargo trucks? The back is open but it seems as if there is an invisible wall there.
No you can't get in them - unlike DF2.
However once they are destroyed, you can get in the back. Did you notice that the open one is closed & the closed is open?
116 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Where can I find a walkthrough for LW?
124 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- How Do I Get Hostages To Follow Me?
Kill all the enemies and run around him/her, he/she will come if you wait.
147 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Why does the setup program tell me that my Product Key Code is invalid?
The font used to print the Product Key Codes contains several pairs of letters that can be difficult to distinguish. The often confused pairs are V / Y, 5 / S, N / H, and 6 / G. If you have any of these characters in your Product Key, try typing its look-alike in its place. On some jewel cases, the first character of the code is often difficult to read because of its placement. If this is the case, the plastic tray can be lifted from the case to allow you to clearly see the entire Code.
Also note that you must include the dashes between each group of characters when entering your Code.
144 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- The autorun menu that appears when the disc is inserted causes errors when I attempt to install or play the game. Is there a way around this?
Yes. If you are having difficulties using the initial autorun menu, either exit from it or hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard while you insert the disc to prevent it from appearing. To install the game without the use of the autorun menu, go to Start and click on Run. Type D:\DFLSETUP\SETUP.EXE (where "D:" is the letter of your CD-ROM drive). This will start the Install routine for Land Warrior. The game can then be started from the Start, Programs, NovaLogic, Delta Force Land Warrior menu.
172 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- The game installed OK, and I can view the opening animation, but it crashes just as the game is about to begin. Why?
This situation usually occurs when the device drivers running your graphics card / sound card are not compatible with your version of Microsoft’s DirectX. This, in most cases, can quickly resolved by installing updated drivers that can be download from the device manufacturer’s web site.
150 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- The landscape within the game appears in gray and poorly is displayed; can this be corrected?
If you have the Intel 810 Chipset in your system and have downloaded and installed Intel’s update (to version 6.0 of their drivers), you can then use the Update Game shortcut that is on your Start menu to correct this problem. First, connect to the Internet. Once you are connected, click Start, Programs, NovaLogic, Delta Force Land Warrior, Update Game.
133 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Why does the computer freeze whenever I try to use the Sniper Scope on a weapon?
This is an issue with some cards built on the S3 Savage chipset (such as the Diamond Viper II adapters that has been brought to our attention. Look for an announcement on the web site when an update correcting this problem is available.
136 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- How can I play Land Warrior on NovaWorld from behind a firewall?
You will need to open port 17478 (0x4446) UDP to access Land Warrior online from behind a firewall.
199 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- How do I troubleshoot errors when trying to Update the game?
We have found that if the very first thing you do after installing the game is attempt to update the game using the "Update Game" menu button, you can experience a game crash. To avoid this occurrence, attempt to play a single player quick mission and then exit the game completely. When you restart the game, the "update game" button will work correctly. Alternately, before running the game, you can simply select the "update game" through the Start Menu.
If the Update did not download properly or your connection was interrupted, then the game files have likely become corrupt. In this case, Land Warrior should be uninstalled (this can be done via the Uninstall command in the Delta Force Land Warrior menu on the Start menu). After the uninstall is complete, go to the folder C:\Program Files\NovaLogic (or the directory where you installed Land Warrior if you chose not to use the default directory) and delete the Delta Force Land Warrior folder, empty the Recycle Bin, and restart your computer. Reinstall the game and Update Game as described above.
*NOTE: Before uninstalling the game & deleting the folder, you may want to save your character information and any saved missions to another folder. Copy the dflwplyr.sav and any file that ends with the .bmx extension.
135 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I'm trying to figure out how to edit my macros on multiplayer so it will say what ever I want it.
Start LW; Go into Single Player or Multiplayer Options; Select your player; Click Player Settings; Click Message Macros. You can modify them from there.
166 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- In public games it says Skins and down the side it will say Yes or No. What does this mean and how can I turn skins off?
If it says "no", the server is protected from anyone using skins, meaning that if a person using skins enters the game he/she will be punted.
To set it to no:
Right click your LW short cut, go to properties under the "target" it should read something like:
"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Land Warrior\dflw.exe"
now change that to:
"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Land Warrior\dflw.exe" /noskins
Just add the /noskins out side the " and leave 1 space... thats it.
170 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- How do I take screen shots in DF:LW?
Hit the F9 key. This should dump a .pcx into your DF:LW directory.
122 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Is there a sequence or a trick to defeat the quick mission gatekeeper? How do you go about defending the power plant? I'm trying to cover both entrances of the plant by posting myself inside at the corner of the building so I can cover both doors. Any tip
Everybody has their own opinion on how to complete missions, but here's what I'd do:
Grab a saw/fnmag for this one (Pitbull). You start on the roof and straight away you should jump off and place clays at both doors entrances. Run back up the ramp and face towards the east on the 1st storey. The enemy will attack firstly from the South, then the North-East (listen to King 6). Watch your GPS constantly and simply pick them off as they attack. They will also parachute in just in front of the comm center on the Eastern side. You have to be quick, but it can be done. Good Luck!
168 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Are there any cheat codes in DF:LW?
To enter the cheats press ~ (tidle) when the mission has started. Type in the code and then press enter. These cheats do not work in multiplayer missions (luckily).
drury - Full Ammo
kariya - Infinite Ammo
roy - Mega HP
corbet - Invisible
domi - Airstrikes
217 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- You'll be running along then all of the sudden you die for no reason??
It's the auto death glitch and was introduced into patch .31 as a way to stop cheaters.
It's usually due to internet delay or packet loss. All you can do is to lay dead for 10 seconds and then respawn. If it continues, exit LW, reboot your comp and try again.
Make sure you're not running any other programs in the background except your firewall if you use one.
It may also happen if the host ALT/TABs.
183 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- When I get into a game it will play great for about 5 min. Then I get punted from the mission and back to the Public Lobby.
That is a bug in LW that has existed since day 1.
It may be due to the following:
1. The host has recoil, character abilites set to off. They must be all set to on with only tracers allowed to be off.
2. You are entering a noskins server with some sort of skins on.
If it is not one of those reasons above then there is no known fixed.
159 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I am unable to save the game while playing a custom made map by using F11. Tried using the command line save as well but no luck. Any ideas?
Unfortunately you can not save your game on custom maps. There was a program created to solve this problem, but it didn't work.
141 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?